I can't get my calls before they are dismissed even though I swiped to answer?
SandiaChelle22
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am suddenly unable to unlock my phone without a pattern, pin or password.  This just happened after I updated the Verizon protection  app today.  There's nothing that I can do on my SG4 in the Settings and security other than uncheck the allow administration access and try to disable it in the application manager. I have restarted and then removed the battery as well without any success. I wouldn't have a issue with the lock screen if the available time to put in a pin or pattern etc.. was long enough before the screen goes black again.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I can't get my calls before they are dismissed even though I swiped to answer and I am suddenly unable to unlock my phone without a pattern, pin or password. This just happened after I updated the Verizon protection app today.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SandiaChelle22,

We certainly want to be sure your phone is working as it should. You've done great investigative work so far. Since you've seemed to narrow it down to just after updating Verizon Protection, I recommend uninstalling http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-77981/ that app and testing to see if your functionality returns to normal. Once that is verified, we will try reinstalling that protection app. Please let us know of your progress.

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I can't get my calls before they are dismissed even though I swiped to answer and I am suddenly unable to unlock my phone without a pattern, pin or password. This just happened after I updated the Verizon protection app today.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SandiaChelle22,

We certainly want to be sure your phone is working as it should. You've done great investigative work so far. Since you've seemed to narrow it down to just after updating Verizon Protection, I recommend uninstalling http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-77981/ that app and testing to see if your functionality returns to normal. Once that is verified, we will try reinstalling that protection app. Please let us know of your progress.

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes