Re: I can't answer / pick up incoming calls...
Sarahtish
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do not have call forwarding enabled. It happens randomly and in different locations.   I have a Galaxy J3 Mission so it's not new.  This problem seems to have come up over the last 6 months or so.  It happened again on Monday.  Car dealership called me to talk about my car.  I could see that it was them calling and I tried to answer...dead.  Again the phone acted as if I've picked up the call but to the caller, it just keeps ringing.  The dealership hung up and called back and I was able to answer that time.

Fallline
Enthusiast - Level 3

Why do you guys at Verizon keep asking the same questions over and over again? Either do a better job of being on top of this or quit. We've all answered these questions many, many times. Next you'll ask if the software is up to date...which again has been answered many times. STOP already. You're not helping if you're not paying attention to what everyone is saying.

terra3791

I'm having the same issues. I recently just purchased a Moto Z3 for my mom and got everything setup all updates completed on phone. Then starting today I tried her phone and it would just ring on my side but on her side she would answer the call but hear nothing. It will continue to ring on my side then flip to her voicemail after 6 rings. If she try's to make a call out from the Moto Z3 it will act like it's calling but there will be no ringing and it doesn't actually call out and if she trys to hang up the call it just locks up on the hang up screen. I have to press the home button and cancel out the call manually.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

terra3791, 

We understand how important it is to be able to communicate effectively with both outbound and inbound calls. Is this happening with calls to other numbers or in other locations? Are there any issues with data and texts messages on her device?

JoshuaC_VZW

0 Likes
JimaP
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, I believe that for now mine is fixed. 

Yesterday I called Verizon tech support and got a fantastic lady on the line who helped me. 

We went through all the steps that I have already done such as resetting the network settings and reseting the phone. 

She then had me power down the phone while she took the phone out of service on her end and then reprogramed it back in. 

Since that time I have been getting all of my calls and I have made a dozen more calls into my cell with all of them being abled to be answered. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to make calls is a necessity, Bowdoctor. We regret to learn you and your friend are having this issue and are here to help. How long have and your friend been unable to make calls? What zip code is this happening in? Is this occurring with an S7 or a different device?

EbonyR_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You're time and effort are appreciated, Fallline. Staying connected through receiving calls and voicemails is very important. Do not worry, we will get to the bottom of this. I see that this is an ongoing issue for you and have sent you a Private Message to best assist.

GinaU_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

A_J_J_A, that is an excellent question. If you are starting to see numerous ads pop up outside of any apps, it is a sign you might have a virus. It could be from the last app you may have downloaded. Have you tried going into Safe Mode? If the issues stops while in Safe Mode, an app is causing the issue. Let me know if this helps. MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want to make sure you can pick up your calls on the first try, Sarahtish. Let's continue to work with your J3. Are you using HD Voice for your calls? This link has the steps to check if HD Voice is enabled on your phone: http://spr.ly/6606Ed14a. Do you ever have the dead air when you make outgoing calls? Are you using any headsets or Bluetooth with your phone?

NicoleR_VZW

0 Likes