Re: I am unable to send to MMS messages, no matter what!
BigRedGonzo
Contributor - Level 1

This may be a shot in the dark...

If you are having issues send MMS messages while connected to WiFi, do you by chance have some sort of antivirus software installed?  This was my issue when it happened to me.  I was using Kaspersky's offering and once it was uninstalled, the issue went away.  I later found out that it was a setting that it changes on WiFi connections.  By that time I decided to leave it off the device.  I haven't had any issues since.

BigRedGonzo

0 Likes
BigRedGonzo
Contributor - Level 1

Mudbone,

I have been using Android phones for quite some time now, my first phone being the OG Droid.  I have about 4 different forums that I frequent and try to keep up with and of all the updates that I have see go by, KitKat probably has the least number of complaints of any that I have seen.  If you are having seemingly unresolvable issues, do a Factory Data Reset from the Recovery menu.  This usually clears up update issues.  Unfortunately, with Android being an open OS (unlike iOS)  The resolve with which devs create their offerings isn't always what it should be and there are frequently issues associated with upgrading versus reinstalling software.  If the FDR doesn't fix your issues, try going to a VZW store and having them reflash your phone.  A Data Reset from the Settings menu is reflash light, one from the recovery menu is a reflash regular and an actual, physical reflash leaves nothing to cause issues.  At that point if issues still persist, you probably have a hardware issue.

BigRedGonzo

Re: Re: I am unable to send to MMS messages, no matter what!
MudBone827
Enthusiast - Level 3

My issue seems to have been resolved by doing something I was told wouldn't work.

adeline3

what was it that you tried?

I've done everything mentioned already. I had a loooooot of trouble with

switching from iPhone to Android and text messages not going out or coming

through. I was told my number by be held hostage by apple so I freed it.

I don't have Kaspersky but I have Lookout Mobile but the app is way newer

than the issue. I've done a factory reset and it didn't help with the

images. Sigh Smiley Sad

0 Likes
MudBone827
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm not sure if you have read the 2 or maybe 3 topics I started, but, IF you had/have/will you will see(n) the myriad of issue I started have immediately after updating to the new S4 OS(very first post was about my S4 only getting 3g before the update), well it escalated to me calling Verizon via the online chat(I provided the chat message ID in one of the afore mentioned topics but was removed by forum moderator) where after much back and forth texts about what happened after I did this, that and the other. It finally ended up where it was decided to do a full "Hard Reset", proceeded to do one, when at about 66% the phone decides to show the sign of having one of its problems(the intermittent data disconnection), that ended up corrupting the Hard Reset. Tech then had me turn phone off and remove the battery for a few minutes then put battery back in and turn back on and recieved an error message in the PC app and on-screen of phone(Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again.), well, I couldn't(phone locked on that screen even when battery was removed again, to me this was strange). I asked "what if I remove the SIM card and battery for a few minutes and was told no that wouldn't work, so, was told to bring phone back to store and get them to replace with new.

At this point I start preparing phone for return; getting box, removing battery, at this point I thought "remove the SIM card" and did so and went to bed, next morning I put SIM and battery back in, put back and case back on, seated phone in charge/data dock, turned phone on and started PC app and it took off from there and been running smooth ever since so far.

Sorry for the long story but had to, so, all I did was do something I was told wouldn't work(go figure).

0 Likes
MudBone827
Enthusiast - Level 3

Don't know if this will help you.

0 Likes