I am unable to send to MMS messages, no matter what!
adeline3

I'm so frustrated at this point and I don't know what to do.

I've never had issues with photos. I am a big photo taker-sender and the sending part is virtually impossible with this phone (s4 mini). I should've reverted to iPhone when I had the chance.

I've tried just about every single sms/mms app from the stock app to paying for EvolveSms and still... still nothing works. Please, can anyone suggest what I should do? I've restarted my phone. I've completely wiped my phone clean, i've tried removing and reinserting the SIM card.... I'm pretty upset and would appreciate some help

Thanks

A

0 Likes
Re: I am unable to send to MMS messages, no matter what!
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you try sending picture texts, are your mobile data on and wi-fi off?

0 Likes
adeline3

I've tried it with both on and I've tried it with mobile data on and wifi off. and it works... sometimes.

most recently it didn't work with the wifi off.

but do i seriously have to turn off wifi each time i want to send an mms? that's pretty.... ridiculous and potentially a deal breaker for me...

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Picture texts won't send/receive over wi-fi, they require a mobile data connection (but they count against your text package, not your data package).  If you have both mobile data and wi-fi turned on, the phone should switch seamlessly between the two, but sometimes they don't and you have to turn wi-fi off.  You might try this, which sometimes works on an S4, although I don't know if your phone has the setting or not:  go into your advanced wi-fi settings and ensure that Auto Network Switch is checked.

0 Likes
adeline3

I did, and it is checked. How come this never happened with my iPhone, out of curiosity?

Is this just... going to be like this forever?...

Thanks Tiki.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You also might try calling Tech Support (via the Customer Support number) and see if they'll reprovision your text feature.  That might not help, but it shouldn't hurt.

0 Likes
BigRedGonzo
Contributor - Level 1

You have referred to your old iPhone.  I have never been an iPhone user, so I am not speaking from experience, but I have read multiple threads both here in various other S4 forums from former iPhone users.  It turns out that your issue may be that you used to use an iPhone.  I don't know the specifics, but you may want to search around about texting with an Android phone after coming from an iPhone.  It seems as though your old number may be being held hostage by Apple.

BigRedGonzo

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Good catch, BigRedGonzo ... it depends on how long it's been since they switched from the iPhone, but you're right ... that could be it (or at least part of it). 

adeline3 ... see if this helps:

Issues with texts after moving to Android from iPhone? Here's an easy fix! | Android Central

0 Likes
Iolair74

Similar issue since the KitKat update. Even with auto-switching enabled I am unable to download the contents of MMS messages until I disable the WiFi. Given that I receive work email pages via MMS, this is unacceptable. I will note it worked perfectly prior to the KitKat update.

0 Likes
MudBone827
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sorry if this may seem to be off-topic, but, IMO it isn't, with the EXTREME amount of trouble it has been causing, I would HIGHLY SUSPECT the mother of all mistakes made, being the recent KitKat update causing yours and 98% of everyone elses anguish. Be patient and HOPEFULLY there will be a patch rolled out soon.

0 Likes