I am periodically getting a black screen
lasat

The screen says,,,,Samsung S5 Android.  Everything locks for several minutes.  Then OK. Usually happens after charging when phone is turned off. Cannot get it to turn on.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: I am periodically getting a black screen
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Are you saying now you can't get the phone to turn on? It sounds like there is a connection to either the battery or the LCD Display that is lose  

0 Likes
lasat

The problem is when I turn off the machine for any reason, when I try to turn it on I get the black screen and everything is locked for about 15 minutes.  My local Verizon tech was puzzled and thought there was some booting or resetting going on.. you can feel the phone vibrating on and off during the 15 minutes.  He told me to never turn off the phone.

[removed]

Personal content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

How much room is left on the phone? Have you tried to backup the phone with smart switch or some other backup program then do a factory reset? [removed]

Discussion of moderation removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

i'm seeing the same thing on an s5 that i bought new & now use only on wi-fi.

internet/chrome browser becomes unresponsive.

apps are still updated but i have a feeling that the developer wasn't/isn't thinking of older phones.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want you to have a properly working phone, lasat. We are here to help you. We have sent you a Private Message. Please only respond to that message going forward.

StevenG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes