I am not able to use wifi at home on my samsung galaxy 4? any ideas ?
bdg52

Will someone advise me as to why i am not able to use my wifi on my samsung galaxy 4 at home?

0 Likes
Re: I am not able to use wifi at home on my samsung galaxy 4? any ideas ?
Not applicable
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi bdg52,

Oh No! I'm extremely sorry to learn that you're having WIFI issues in your home location. I absolutely understand the importance of utilizing this option. Let's get to work and get this resolved. Have you previously been able to connect to this WIFI Network? Have you restarted device? Have you reset WIFI router? Please keep us posted, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
kirk212

I also have the same issue with my galaxy s 4 having wifi issues where it will connect but the data transfer cuts out after a few minutes or less. I have a older dlink dir-628 router, so using wifi is not A option was wondering if Samsung is going to do anything to fix this issue with there phone that I paid 700 dollars for and does not work correctly. I have already done all the troubleshooting steps listed above and also what I have been able to find online. So this as far as I can tell is a issue with the phone itself. my galaxy s3 did not have this issue so its its something that is Limited only to the galaxy s4.

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

I have to ask as it was not mentioned, have you tried different wi-fi networks? It would tell you if it's the phone or your home network that's causing the problem

0 Likes
kirk212

I dont have any wifi networks that I can really try near my house, will have to try a free open one to test it on another source, but while it is not one of the newer models it is a dlink router and they are so far as I know the only ones having this problem.

0 Likes
kirk212

>>Duplicate post removed for cross-posting violation of the forum's ToS

See   <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Emw8

My wifi kept disconnecting even though my ipad works and has a strong signal. My S4 kept saying internet disabled connection slow. I just read in another forum to use 2 fingers and swipe down on the s4 screen to disable mobile data. Finally this worked!!!!  I won't buy another s4 I tell you!!! I rely on my phone service as I am a nurse and this has been awful!! Being stuck in a 2 yr contract with JUNK is worse!!!!! I am almost thinking a no contract phone is the way next.  At least I won't be stuck!,

0 Likes