I am getting spam text messages every day. How do I stop them?
Tray_Dmark
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm getting up to 600 spam text per day, ALL with different telephone numbers with the following 2 messages:

"Our customers are a valuable part of us, you have been selected to receive a 105 USD discount applicable to your current bill, please visit http://ow.ly/UzliP." and "Thank you for beign part of us, you have been selected to receive a 170 USD credit applicable to your present bill, please visit http://ow.ly/UzliP." There has to be something else I can do outside of forwarding up to 600 numbers to Verizon's SMS short code 7726. Help?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I get rid of 600 text spam messages a day?
Tray_Dmark
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the suggestions, What worked is:

Settings>Applications>Application Manager>Message+>Clear Cache>Clear Data>Force Stop

Shutting down the application for just an hour allowed whatever was SPAMMING me to see that it was no longer a valid number to SPAM. I reactivated Message+, all my previous conversations were in tacked and no more SPAM.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
sleepy3103
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't know about this one. I would change my number. Watch what you sign up for, and or put your number on. I had this happen a couple years ago. Had to change my number to get rid of it. Do u get any similar emails? Might be able to unsubscribe from their list that way.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm not sure if this will help, but sign into your MyVerizon account online as the account owner and block text messages from the web.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
sleepy3103
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ya that might help as well since those are probable not coming from actual phones.

Tray_Dmark
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the suggestions, What worked is:

Settings>Applications>Application Manager>Message+>Clear Cache>Clear Data>Force Stop

Shutting down the application for just an hour allowed whatever was SPAMMING me to see that it was no longer a valid number to SPAM. I reactivated Message+, all my previous conversations were in tacked and no more SPAM.

0 Likes
MikeF3

How do you do that?

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MikeF3

I do understand your frustrations with receiving these unwanted messages. I have experienced them myself, and I can attest that it is extremely frustrating. We have some options that can help you prevent and report these. Check out more information about our blocking features here: http://vz.to/3iBJMLv. Does that help?

0 Likes