How to stop verizonwireless web page from opening when Galaxy S3 connected to PC with USB
JohnRRocha
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello,

Does anyone know how to prevent the Galaxy S3 from automatically starting the Verizon web page when it's plugged into a computer via the USB cable?

This annoyance alone is enough for me to warn people away from Verizon's Galaxy S3 combination. It's very bad computer manners. I noticed that this will also happen when the phone updates it's software and restarts; then bam the web page is started. Very problematic when you're working, in the middle of a game, or you children start the computer and come running down the hall "I didn't touch anything and this web page started!!!"  It is behaving like malware.

I know that I can disable auto-play on my PC for what to do when it detects software and games. But now I'm disabling a major piece of useful functionality on my PC for this one annoying device. Is there a way to disable this on just the device itself? Or does anyone know of the files on the device that I can delete so that it doesn't happen anymore?

Thanks in advance.

-=John

0 Likes
Re: How to stop verizonwireless web page from opening when Galaxy S3 connected to PC with USB
Mrdubyah
Enthusiast - Level 2

Worse yet, it opens in IE, an outdated browser that has had multiple security flaws and is therefore to be avoided by security concious users.  Unless Verizon offers a way to stop this annoying and dangerous behavior we must simply remove the offending software completely.  The phone will still update on its own.  There is no excuse for Verizon spamming us or for the security risks inherent in this junk software.

>>See <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Re: How to stop verizonwireless web page from opening when Galaxy S3 connected to PC with USB
Mrdubyah
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nope, that doesn't work either.  If you uninstall the upgrade assistant, you'll get a popup everytime you plug in the phone that informs you that there is new software available and asks you to approve the EULA.  That's almost more annoying than being directed to Verizon's consumer products page at each connect (almost). 

0 Likes