How to set up visual notification?
vicbee63
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've just switched from iPhone to Samsung S6 and can't find how to set up visual notifications -the little circle with number of messages received- for my apps.  The only one I can see is my primary enterprise account email but nothing from Google Messages, Gmail, Outlook, etc. I've only been able to set up sound notification...

0 Likes
Re: How to set up visual notification?
mama23dogs
Legend

Open settings, go to sounds and notifications.

go to application notifications.

you can tap each app and set priority or block.

all notifications show in notification bar.  Not every app has a 'badge' (red circle).

Apps that do, Facebook, FB messenger, story album, built in mail app,

0 Likes
vicbee63
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, I've done that but there isn't a setting for visual badges (thanks for using the proper name!).  I guess that's an iPhone specific thing?  Maybe I can find something similar in the app store?

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

You can look For something in the play store.  I have alwaye had android phones and iPad,  It is an Apple thing. 

I Set some apps as priority so they pop up first.  I block a lot of notifications that I just don't need to see.

if I see something in the play store, I'll let you know.

are you freaking out over the different UI yet?

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

TThat was quick... Notifier Unread Count, by cornwall solutions

vicbee63
Enthusiast - Level 2

I started looking at them and a rush of anxiety came upon me!... and thank you for the info.  Since my last message I discovered the badge is an Apple thing which is available on android but not easy... although I also finally realized that there is a notification screen.  I just think the badge is more convenient.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

I Tried a couple for the heck of it.  they seem a bit limited.  Some require an additional launcher.  Uninstalled...

I Think you will love it once you adjust.

have you figured out how to sync your iTunes music?  I use iSyncR.  It isn't perfect.  But it does sync via wifi .

I have to put in the time and figure out how to move my iTunes music to Google play, then sync.

0 Likes