How to request update for default app settings for S7
KenobiBen
Enthusiast - Level 2

So the very first thing I noticed on my brand new Galaxy S7 is that there is no "just once" option when opening apps. Whatever you pick is automatically set to your default app. It used to bring up a window that gave the option to open "just once" or set as default, THE WAY IT SHOULD BE. Samsung, obviously after furious feedback from many users (check out any android community forum and you'll see scores of posts about this) has now put an option in the settings to be able to get that window back. However, of course, Verizon has not pushed that update through yet.

How do we request this as users? Is there an official Verizon forum that they look at and/or respond to?

This shouldn't be that hard, THE UPDATE ALREADY EXISTS we just need Verizon to push it through to us.

Cheers (hopefully)

0 Likes
Re: How to request update for default app settings for S7
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KenobiBen-

I know how frustrating having to deal with new features when a software is updated. We have no info yet but if one is available, it will be automatically sent to your phone by Samsung.To stay in the loop http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/samsung-galaxy-s7-update/

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

where does this update exist that says "just once"?

if you can't put up a link to where you found this info, i don't have time to look for it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bearone21 and KenobiBen,

I apologize for any confusion or misinformation provided before. Let’s make sure we’re on the same page with everything. We realize that wanting certain features available on your device is important. What are you trying to do specifically? You mention the “just once” or set as default function. You can definitely set a default for apps. Please go to Settings, Applications, Default Apps and there is a “Set as Default” a few lines down. Are you able to see that?

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
KenobiBen
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did you even read my original question????????

Does it appear like I don't know how to set a default app? If you open any program EVER on these new phones the default app is set.

Basically this post on this forum sums it up exactly:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s7/how-to/set-apps-to-link-setting-default-t3404353

But in case you are still confused, a simple google search yielded me this result:

http://www.uvm.edu/~bmcelvan/docs/just%20once.png

Samsung has released the patch to fix this to the whole world already, when will Verizon release it to us?

CAN WE PLEASE GET THIS???????

0 Likes