How to remove or turn off world clock?
dax3d

Hi all,

I tried a while back to find the answer to this with no luck.  But I still have the issue, which is driving me crazy.
Any time I am on the phone talking, the world clock screen comes up and covers the phone interface.

So for example if you're calling somewhere that you have to enter a number, you have to close the clock.
Then I'll put the phone to my ear to hear the next options, then have to close the world clock again to enter

another number (if this makes any sense). 

I haven't been able to find the solution, and not really liking my switch to Android.

Thanks for any tips!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to remove or turn off world clock?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are a combination of settings at work here, I think.  Go into your Clock settings, p. 81 of your user manual (download it here if you don't have it - http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Samsung-Galaxy-S-III-Verizon_id7114/manual ) and set it to something other than the World clock, or turn off the World Clock.

Set the screen timeout settings, and the lock screen settings.  It may be going to the World Clock on timeout. (p128-129)

You can also set the proximity senosor behavior (p 57)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are a combination of settings at work here, I think.  Go into your Clock settings, p. 81 of your user manual (download it here if you don't have it - http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Samsung-Galaxy-S-III-Verizon_id7114/manual ) and set it to something other than the World clock, or turn off the World Clock.

Set the screen timeout settings, and the lock screen settings.  It may be going to the World Clock on timeout. (p128-129)

You can also set the proximity senosor behavior (p 57)

0 Likes
dax3d

Thanks Suzy, I tried changing some of these settings in the past, but I'll take another look.  Maybe I changed too much or not enough.

Thanks for the help!

0 Likes