How to recover deleted sms on Galaxy S6
grell72

I used to backup my contacts and photos via Google Drive but just forgot to back up text messages. There were a couple of messages being deleted and they are very important for me. I am wondering if there was any method to help me restore the messages?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to recover deleted sms on Galaxy S6
hannepeter
Enthusiast - Level 1

You're right, and I also have the same issue, I deleted some my messages on my Galaxy S5, and I used Android data recovery to scan my phone, but only a few messages were scanned and recovered, so, I also suggest you should stop using your phone when you know messages are very important to you.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the messages were not backed up prior to deleting, then they are gone.  You can try installing Messages+ (it will sync the past 90 days of messages, not sure if it will catch the deleted ones or not) or another text backup (SMS Backup and Restore, etc)  to be sure you save those messages going forward.

0 Likes
hannepeter
Enthusiast - Level 1

You're right, and I also have the same issue, I deleted some my messages on my Galaxy S5, and I used Android data recovery to scan my phone, but only a few messages were scanned and recovered, so, I also suggest you should stop using your phone when you know messages are very important to you.

0 Likes
grell72

SuzyQ wrote:

If the messages were not backed up prior to deleting, then they are gone.  You can try installing Messages+ (it will sync the past 90 days of messages, not sure if it will catch the deleted ones or not) or another text backup (SMS Backup and Restore, etc)  to be sure you save those messages going forward.

unfortunately, I didn't back up the messages. I just backed up contacts and photos via google service. I install the Messages+ app but it couldn't find the deleted ones. thanks

0 Likes
grell72

hannepeter wrote:

thanks for the helpful suggestion. Already recovered the messages being deleted. thought it took a bit of time for scanning.

0 Likes