How to prevent or stop kitkat notification/update?
lyfeisfast
Enthusiast - Level 2

I currently have the piece of (removed) mk2 and would VERY much love to avoid the apparently even (removed) NC5 for time being. Also, after MANY UNNECESSARY WEEKS of delaying installation, the Stupid phone keeps on re-downloading the update EVERY NIGHT for nearly 3 WEEKS so far. I really hope the constant downloads isn't stacking up and draining my data!! Cause if that's the case, then you'll one (removed) CUSTOMER!!!

Messaged edited as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
Re: How to prevent or stop kitkat notification/update?
lyfeisfast
Enthusiast - Level 2

^^^ You guys @ Verizon are a joke. Regarding the first line from my post, I can't believe you censored a non explicit word which was copied verbatim from a previous question almost 2 weeks ago that was left uncensored. It's like Jimmy Kimmel's "unnecessary censorship". Verizon only made it appeared worse than it actually is.  Verizon also made it seem as if I'm somewhat incompetent of proper grammar in regards to the last line of my post. In case if the community was wondering on what the censored was, it is the 4-letter "C" word that is used for excrement.

0 Likes
lyfeisfast
Enthusiast - Level 2

So...nearly 4 months later and still NO reply from Verizon. Only for unnecessarily censorship. No relief from the constant 1AM nightly notification (also 2ndary notice around 7AM, DAILY...WTF?!?!?) to EFFIN UPDATE TO THE EFFIN NC5!!! I think I'll just give in and update or maybe switch.... Thanks Verizon and Samsung for this annoyance.  ... <<( it's missing the middle finger).

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Then you'll have the same problem as this on any other carrier. Even if you buy it unlocked from Samsung. Samsung requires all devices to be updated if you want them to go or their warranty. One of the requirements is being on the latest software they pushed out.

Also there are kids that do come through this forum which is why they censor certain words.

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

You won't have to worry about it much longer as the update will self install itself without permissions after a couple of months of declining the event.

0 Likes