How to prepare my old Samsung Galaxy S5 to sell on eBay
TK34251

I have replaced my Samsung Galaxy S5 and have preformed the factory reset. I now want to be able to take pictures of the phone turned on so that I can display them when selling it on eBay. When I turn on the Samsung Galaxy S5, it wants to go into setup using my phone number. I thought the factory reset got rid of that. I certainly don't want to sell the phone and have someone able to tap into my account. How can I be sure that is not going to happen?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to prepare my old Samsung Galaxy S5 to sell on eBay
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you remove the SIM card?  A factory reset should have given you a clean slate to allow it to be activated with any phone number.  It sounds like it is still seeing your SIM card, and your number.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you remove the SIM card?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you remove the SIM card?  A factory reset should have given you a clean slate to allow it to be activated with any phone number.  It sounds like it is still seeing your SIM card, and your number.

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

You are going to have to make sure the sim card is out and do the factory reset again. It probably would be best from the recovery mode.

0 Likes