How to disable visual voicemail and use only basic voicemail on Galaxy S6
jennip0128
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have searched the internet for several days to finally get an answer to my question and fix this issue. I was not getting any notifications on my device, a Samsung Galaxy S6 I recently upgraded to after having a Droid 4 phone, about voicemail. I had several voicemails and could call *86 and listen to them but my phone did not display any notification that I had a voice message. I had to call *86 to find out if I had any voice messages. This was annoying. I have found the answer, and have tested it to make sure it works.

All you need to do...

Log into myverizon, on the left hand side go to my verizon portion once you log in. On your left go to "Block Services", under purchases go to "Block Visual

Voicemail". Do this for the "Premium Visual Voicemail" as well. Then go through the next few prompts. Click accept and make sure the changes were applied. Now restart your device. Try to receive a VM now, worked great for my S6.

I tested it using my mothers flip phone which was also upgraded and had no issue in the first place, and I had a voice message icon on top with my notifications and a 1 next to my voicemail icon on my home screen.

I hope this helps others who just want old fashioned basic voicemail.

Thanks

0 Likes