How to disable sender images in Gmail app?
rjn17960

Hi all,

The recent update made a change in the Gmail app where it'll display an image for the sender in the main window. If you don't have an image for the sender (which is 100% the case for me), it displays the first letter of the sender's name in a big colored box.

A quick Google search shows there's a way of disabling this through the settings: http://www.androidcentral.com/how-turn-and-contact-images-new-gmail

However, the Gmail app on my Verizon Galaxy S3 doesn't have the "three dots" icon which opens the menu. Was this something Verizon removed for some reason? Any hints on how to turn off the big colored boxes? I find them annoying and they take up space for no reason.

Thanks, Rich

0 Likes
Re: How to disable sender images in Gmail app?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The three dots is the overflow menu. The Galaxy S3 has a menu button. Overflow menu (three dots) equals menu button. >Comment deleted<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator><

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
How to disable sender images in Gmail app?
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Use the menu soft key, that should bring up the same menu.  The three dots icon is a substitute for a menu key that is used for devices that use on screen keys (which use back, home and app switcher).

0 Likes