How to delete photos in auto backup
Budwen
Enthusiast - Level 3

Before update I could delete photos in backup under Gallery app now all you can do is share please help this update is killing me. It's when i hit gallery and it says auto backup and has a little circle with green purple and pink in it, you can select pics but only thing I see you can do is share or download! I want to delete! So any help would be great Verizon? So it's under gallery not under google plus. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to delete photos in auto backup
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's actually a great question, Budwen. Tidbits had some great advice but not everyone knows where to clear the application cache on the phone. Here's the steps: http://vz.to/1fwmAGN. It's also a great maintenance tip to clear the cache on your most used applications once in a while to keep your phone running smoothly.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

That's Goggles new deal. You have to go into the photos app

0 Likes
Budwen
Enthusiast - Level 3

I went there and thought I had found the trick, deleted some but you go back to gallery still there also went to google acct on laptop and deleted there too but still on phone auto back up. Restarted phone too

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Clear your gallery cache. It doesn't auto delete the cache.

0 Likes
Budwen
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hey Tidbits So Sorry to sound dumb but where do you clear your gallery cache? Thank you so much for the help

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's actually a great question, Budwen. Tidbits had some great advice but not everyone knows where to clear the application cache on the phone. Here's the steps: http://vz.to/1fwmAGN. It's also a great maintenance tip to clear the cache on your most used applications once in a while to keep your phone running smoothly.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Budwen
Enthusiast - Level 3

Jennifer,

I did what it says but there is NO PHOTO GALLERY UNDER that list or camera in this section any other suggestions. Pics will not come off of auto backup I deleted on camera section and  in my Google plus on my computer but cant get them off phone in auto back up!!! I was able to do this before update why not now there has to be a way it will eat memory I have turned of google backup

0 Likes
Budwen
Enthusiast - Level 3

found it with what you sent me but had to delete data in gallery to get rid of them. Cache didnt do it can someone look into this before update you could tap and delete right in the gallery app. I thought an update should help not make more problems this is the third thing I have wasted time on to fix that before update was very easy to do. Not happy with this

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Glad to hear you were able to figure it out Budwen. I'm sorry of you are displeased with the update. Our control is limited with minor functionality changes with new updates. We don't have a way to change those, as updates are designed and implemented by the equipment manufacturers and OS developers. We appreciate your feedback.

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes