How to block SPAM e-mail text messages?
Joolie567
Enthusiast - Level 2

I keep receiving spam e-mails that come through as a text message. I can't block the phone number, because there is no phone number - it just shows a fake e-mail address. I have reported the messages as spam through the message app, but I keep getting new ones from different e-mail addresses, etc. How can I block these?? I get about 3 a week and it is very irritating.

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to block SPAM e-mail text messages?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You could try blocking them via your My Verizon account.  If logged into the desktop version of My Verizon, hover over My Plans & Services at the top, then click Blocks.  Click Block E-Mails and Domains, then under E-mail Address or Domain, type www.excite.com, then click Save.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JULIE K,

I definitely understand how an unwanted spam message associated with an unknown email can be frustrating. I assure you I would do all the research necessary to get this resolved for you. What make and model device do you have?

CoreyM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Joolie567
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Samsung Galaxy S6. The texts always come from an e-mail address

ending in @excite.com - the beginning part is always a different jumble of

letters/numbers. I hit "report as spam," but i keep getting them.

On Sat, Jun 3, 2017 at 4:51 PM, vzw_customer_support <

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You could try blocking them via your My Verizon account.  If logged into the desktop version of My Verizon, hover over My Plans & Services at the top, then click Blocks.  Click Block E-Mails and Domains, then under E-mail Address or Domain, type www.excite.com, then click Save.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I think you should still be able to add the Block text messages from the web in the block services section of the MyVerizon account online.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Joolie567, stopping those annoying messages is certainly something that I would want. The great news is, that beyond the great suggestions from Tikibar1 and Ann154, your phone also has the option for these blocks by following the steps below.

Go into Messages, then tap on "More" in the top right corner and select Settings

Go into Spam filter

Tap on Manage spam numbers

Here you can add any numbers or contacts you wish to block

Any numbers or contacts in your spam list will be blocked from sending you sms. If you wish to see the messages that have been blocked, you can tap on Spam messages.

LorenB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

'Block all text messages sent from the web' is still an option on that same page, as is 'block all text messages sent from email'.  I prefer going the 'domain' route when possible to target the 'bad' texts as opposed to 'good' ones. 

Joolie567
Enthusiast - Level 2

You are the best tikibar! I didn't know that was possible - thanks!!

0 Likes
Suprizm
Enthusiast - Level 1

How do you do that???

Hello
Jazzminn

Hello

0 Likes