How's your Galaxy S6 Signal Reception?
NeedMoreCoffee
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm currently on the Moto X1, which is working ok, but I need to upgrade so my wife and I can both be on the same shared data plan. I'm trying to wait it out for the Moto X3, but the size of the phone is a sizable turn-off. Pun intended. That leaves me considering the Galaxy S6 and the iPhone 6.  The thing that causes me to lean Android is that I've been with that ecosystem since the Moto OG Droid days. The Galaxy Nexus almost ruined it for me.  It was by far the worst phone that I have ever owned. It didn't get a signal most of the places that my Moto X and my wife's iPhone 4S works fine. Verizon replaced the phone numerous times. No fix, it was pure trash, combined with dropped support by Verizon, which refused to even roll out the latest OS updates to it.run

Those Samsung wounds run deep and I'm terrified at having another phone by them, but am attracted to them since they dropped those plastic bodies and put some decent cameras in.  What say everyone here? Regret your purchase and or love almost every moment?

0 Likes
Re: How's your Galaxy S6 Signal Reception?
Skeltonh
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having LTE speed issues with my S6 since the 5.1.1 firmware release. Support doesn't bother to read back postings I made to twitter or DM.  Trying to pinpoint this issue on my own.

rmahlert
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same thing since the advanced calling update, my cell signal SUCKS at home now! I use to have a great 4G connection at home before the crappy update.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want to keep you at top speed on LTE, rmahlert. To confirm are you using the Samsung S6? Does the connection improve as soon as you step outside? What exactly does the signal show on the device?
YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
hjj106

I am having the same issue with my S6 since the last update in mid December. My coverage is horrible: I drop calls all the time, when I am able to maintain a call the voice is in and out. This happens at home and other places for me. I have a signal amplifier in my house but it doesn't seem to help at all anymore on my phone. My husband has a Motorola also on Verizon and he had no problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a signal issue with your S6 is something we certainly take very seriously. We want you to have the best possible experience  with your phone.What is the signal like? How many bars do you have? Is it steady or does is fluctuate.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Jim-EM

My Galaxy s6 is great at everything except being a phone. It repeatedly and intermittently gives me a "no signal" error when I try to dial out. It also does not always ring when someone calls me. When this happens, the phone call is not even registered on the call log, and I will only know someone called if they leave a message. This problem happens regardless of whether I am at home, or in town, or driving. The signal strength indicator stays high at all times as well. I have direct line-of-sight to the cell tower from my home. My previous phone (not a Samsung) worked fine, and my wife's phone works fine. If I get the "no signal" error, I can put the phone in airplane mode, and then take it out of airplane mode, and the phone will work fine for awhile. I learned this by researching the problem on the Internet. Evidently, this is a wide-spread problem with Samsung phones. I have replaced the SIM and have replaced the phone twice with new s6 phones but the problem persists. I asked Verizon to swap another brand of phone with me, but they will not do it. I plan not to buy another Samsung phone, and will probably switch to AT&T because of Verizon's failure to own this problem.

0 Likes