How much cold can a galaxy s5 take before it becomes a problem?
tailynn1977
Contributor - Level 1

I see people with gloves for the cold that can work on their phones but I fear how much cold my phone can take before it would malfunction or become void in warranty. Anyone know the hot and cold specs for the device and/pr standard operating extremes?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How much cold can a galaxy s5 take before it becomes a problem?
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

The S5 is rated

IP67 certified - dust and water resistant

- Water resistant up to 1 meter and 30 minutes with no temp specs per say given. However most any smartphone on the market today will operate over a fairly wide range of temperatures that would be suitable for humans over a short given period of time. The phones are to a point self-surviving because of sensors that are built in both for high and low temp, voltage cut-off, thermal run away and many other considerations. Before fail points can be reach the screen will go dark or the phone will shut down and these are but a small example.

Samsung Galaxy S5 full specs

View solution in original post

Re: How much cold can a galaxy s5 take before it becomes a problem?
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

The S5 is rated

IP67 certified - dust and water resistant

- Water resistant up to 1 meter and 30 minutes with no temp specs per say given. However most any smartphone on the market today will operate over a fairly wide range of temperatures that would be suitable for humans over a short given period of time. The phones are to a point self-surviving because of sensors that are built in both for high and low temp, voltage cut-off, thermal run away and many other considerations. Before fail points can be reach the screen will go dark or the phone will shut down and these are but a small example.

Samsung Galaxy S5 full specs