How long did Oreo update take?
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Our Phones have been updating since around 7:00 Am this morning. It is now 1:09 pm and one phone is at 7% and the other one is at 63%.

Both are connected to Wifi and have both phones are on chargers. Both are getting hot I have them under the fan like what was suggested.

I just have a feeling that these phones are not going to be the same after this update. I lost my S5 on an update and have the same feeling now.

We have tried to cancel the updates and they just restart where they left off. Neither one of us ok the phone to do the update it started on its own. Anyone else experienced this with their phone?  They are both S7 edges

0 Likes
Re: How long did Oreo update take?
bearone21
Legend

updating on the network can take a long time & may time out....better to use secured wi-fi!!

the best network speeds you'll ever see will be 5-12mbps!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, kathy65793. Keeping your mobile device is vital to the maintenance of the phone. I am concerned to learn you had been attempting to update your Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge for 5 hours. Typically, updates are less than an hour.

Since you have confirmed both devices are connected to your Wi-Fi network, that is what the phones are using to process the update. Have you checked to see if your Wi-Fi network is experiencing trouble? If the phones still have not completed the update, I would recommend turning your Wi-Fi off and completing the update over 4G LTE. Let us know if this helps. 

GinaU_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kincaed
Contributor - Level 2

60-90 minutes tops in my case. Can't give an exact time because I was multi-tasking.

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

There was no problem with my secure Wifi network. I checked that and it was operating like it was supposed to.I tried taking one phone off wifi and just left mobile data on but still nothing. Tried this with the other phone too. What I finally did about 3:30 pm was to take both phones off wifi and mobile data. One phone was at 64% and the other one was at 9%. After 5 both phones finished the download and installed the update. Both seem to be running fine.This update is really different and changed a lot of my settings.I had to go into ever settings from alerts ( which I hope works now ) to even how long my screen stays on. It even changed the setting in the play store to automatic update my apps which I had set to not to do. A lot of apps that did not have access to mobile data had it now. I would recommend that everyone that gets this update go thru their  phone and treat it like you just took it out of the box and go into each app to check what they can do and not do.

0 Likes