How do you unlock a samsung galaxy s5 Verizon 4G lte?
igotabeeper
Enthusiast - Level 2

How do i unlock my Samsung Galaxy s5 Verizon 4G lte? It's a used phone that was handed down to me from my mother a few years back,I used it only for­ wifi. I never had a ­Verizon account with ­this phone.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unlocking samsung galaxy s5 Verizon 4G lte
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

If the phone is from Verizon it should be unlocked

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

If the phone is from Verizon it should be unlocked

0 Likes
igotabeeper
Enthusiast - Level 2

Really? I tried to put a non Verizon simcard in the phone, it said "Sim card is not from Verizon wireless "

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

First you have to see if the phone is compatible with who ever the sim card is from.

0 Likes
igotabeeper
Enthusiast - Level 2

It specifically says the Samsung Galaxy s5 Verizon 4G lte is compatible. I guess the issue is not the phone being locked it's the simcard or something .

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I believe you have to take it to the other carrier and have their software put on it

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Using a hand-me-down is a great way to save money, igotabeeper. kathy65793 is on the right track. All of our 4G LTE phone are unlocked for use elsewhere. However we cannot guarantee they will work on another providers network just as we cannot guarantee another carriers device will work on ours. You would have to contact the carrier you chose for assistance with activation.

We'd love to have you as part of the Verizon family too. You'll find we have competitive pricing with both post paid and prepaid. Give our sales professionals a call at 888-924-7937 and they can help you with what options best fit your needs and budget.

JosephE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes