How do you improve the battery life? The phone is almost useless.
kameroncole

I have owned many Android phones in the past.  I love the S7, but from day ONE, it was almost unusable.  I mean, it cannot go without a charge, practically speaking, for more than 4 hours - if you use it at all during that time.  Of course, if you just leave it in cool location, turned off, or not in use, it lasts much longer!

But seriously - is this phone just bad?  Or is it just more like a land line phone - something to use at home?

It's odd, because the battery is bigger than any other!  Except the S7 Edge tablet, which starts on fire.  And the iPhone 7.  But with such a big battery, what is the problem?

I have installed (and uninstalled) many cleaners and booster.  So far, only Clean My Android has any effect. But only to make the phone useable when it is charged.

I need some advice, please!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do you improve the battery life? The phone is almost useless.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kameroncole,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums for support. We know battery life is very important and want to help out with this. The first thing I would recommend that you do is to remove any third party battery manager, task manager(app killer), or antivirus apps. These application types generally have permissions that allow them to cause conflict with other apps, and in some cases core phone functions. The conflicts will cause processes to loop indefinitely causing very poor battery performance and the phone will be warm. The best thing to do to resolve a battery life concern is to run the phone in safe mode to see if the issue persists. You can enter safe mode by following these steps: http://vz.to/1UvzDiJ To exit, you would just do a regular restart. Please try safe mode for one day and see if you see improvement in battery performance. Let us know.

EricW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

One of the things that tec support would tell you is to clear the cache partition when you first startup your phone and after an update.It doesn't seem like that alone would help the battery but you may be surprised how much it does

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kameroncole,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums for support. We know battery life is very important and want to help out with this. The first thing I would recommend that you do is to remove any third party battery manager, task manager(app killer), or antivirus apps. These application types generally have permissions that allow them to cause conflict with other apps, and in some cases core phone functions. The conflicts will cause processes to loop indefinitely causing very poor battery performance and the phone will be warm. The best thing to do to resolve a battery life concern is to run the phone in safe mode to see if the issue persists. You can enter safe mode by following these steps: http://vz.to/1UvzDiJ To exit, you would just do a regular restart. Please try safe mode for one day and see if you see improvement in battery performance. Let us know.

EricW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
bobbyjack
Contributor - Level 1

One thing that will help is to go to Settings/Notifications and turn off apps you don't need notifications from. I like to get notifications of new emails and texts, but as a test you might turn off everything. The phone constantly scanning for things to notify you of takes battery power.