Re: How do we get Samsung Smart Call?
proton_skeleton
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Samsung Galaxy s10+, I have looked at both. I have nothing in my notification bar and in the call settings, the caller ID and spam protection option is completely absent, it looks like the image but without the option, it just skips it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate your troubleshooting efforts. To be sure we are on the same page, tell us more. What is the reason you want to enable Samsung Smart Call? Are you experiencing any issues with your Verizon service, if so, what is going on?

VictorC_VZW

0 Likes
proton_skeleton
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would like to use it because it is a feature of the phone I purchased, and I have been receiving spam calls more lately. I am not using the Verizon service because the premium version costs money and I would prefer not to use the Verizon one since there is a Samsung service that is supposed to be on the phone. Mostly because it would be more integrated and costs nothing extra.

cmtmcelroy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been trying to get it on my Note 8 for a year and a half, when the Note 10 comes out I'll buy unlocked and switch carriers.

My wife has the unlocked version of my phone, and what Samsung built in for free is FAR better than what I pay for through Verizon. At the time I bought my phone I needed the Wi-Fi calling though so I got stuck with this.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for clarifying. You can activate Samsung Smart Call in the call settings on your device. The option will be labeled as Caller ID and Spam Protection.

EstavanC_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Nobody here wants you to leave the Verizon Wireless family, cmtmcelroy. What is it that has you looking elsewhere? We're here to help.
DavidH_VZW

0 Likes
proton_skeleton
Enthusiast - Level 2

As I stated before, the option for Caller ID and Spam Protection is entirely absent, the list goes from "block numbers" to "call alerts and ringtones", the Caller ID and Spam Protection option isn't in the list like it is illustrated in the Samsung documentation. 

smart_call_missing.jpg

BOBFOX321
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hiya seems pretty good on the first day.

Stay away from True Caller. Their self-promotion for you to upgrade is ridiculous and seems to be getting worse. What a shame. Must be from China 😞

0 Likes
Yourunclefats
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the reply 2 years later. I have since ditched the Verizon brand phone for an unlocked samsung OEM. But yes I was having g problems with the verizon caller I'd, YOU ARE CHARGING 2.99 A FREAK8NG MONTH FOR A SERVICE THAT IS FREE ON A STOCK PHONE!

0 Likes
usmaak
Enthusiast - Level 3

It'd be great if it were avaialble.  I am not sure why Verizon keeps posting that it is available for download.  Those links have no download information at all.

I have been using Hiya for a while now and I even paid for it to get the extra features.  It seems mostly ok.  The one thing that I dislike about it is that it often rings through once before blocking the call.  When I say that I don't want my phone ringing with spam calls, I mean I don't want it ringing at all.  I find the ring once thing to be quite annoying.  Hiya has its loyalists, but I am not super impressed.  The other annoyance is that it has my landline number listed as the person that last owned the number.  I have contacted them numerous times to get it changed and I never hear back from them.  They are not very responsive to their customers.  I thought that being a paid customer might help, but it didn't.  I will not be continuing my subscription to Hiya when I am done with this year.

0 Likes