How do we back out the latest update?
JohnRRocha
Enthusiast - Level 3

Does anyone know how we can back out the latest update?

Last night I made the mistake of trusting the Verizon upgrade application and let it upgrade my Samsung Galaxay S3. Now various applications no longer work. They worked fine before, now they crash on start and give a message such as "Unfortunately, <application-name> has stopped." and I have options of <Report> or <Ok>.

There is NOTHING in the new update that I want, in fact I dislike the new graphics look and feel, auto spell typing has changed in ways I don't like, and applications aren't working.... so I want to go back...

Anyone know how?

Thanks,

-=John

0 Likes
Re: How do we back out the latest update?
amhop
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having the same issues since I upgraded yesterday.  I see a lot of people posting issues after the upgrade, but no real solutions except the moronic reset (default answer for any problem) suggestion by verizon. Smiley Sad

Re: How do we back out the latest update?
Cindy62707
Enthusiast - Level 3

So agree about the moronic reply to factory reset to try and solve the update issues!  Just give us a "new" update which is really the previous version of the OS to make it go back to the previous version while they fix all the problems with the new 4.3!

0 Likes