How do unlock my phone without a backup PIN?
tiggy2077

my phone will not unlock without my Backup PIN.  I provoke the feature of the Backup PIN because i exhausted my 5 attempts to draw the pattern to unlock my phone. i did not mean to do that but it happened.

is there a way to unlock my phone without my Backup PIN?  since i already forgot my Backup PIN..

Otherwise, i would have to do the factory reset which means i lose all my data.

I dont have a sync option to bring all my data and media to the cloud since my phone is locked.

if no other option i will do the factory reset if it comes to that..

any suggestions?

Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how to unlock phone without Backup PIN
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand how frustrating it can be to get locked out of your device. Unfortunately, the only way around your situation is to perform a factory reset. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us with any other questions or concerns.

DeannaL_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand how frustrating it can be to get locked out of your device. Unfortunately, the only way around your situation is to perform a factory reset. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us with any other questions or concerns.

DeannaL_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: How do unlock my phone without a backup PIN?
KEID611
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just completed this new upgrade on my S5. After the upgrade completed it prompted me to enter my security pattern. When i entered my pattern it wasn't recognized. Then it asked me to enter my backup pin, it didn't recognize that either. Now it wants to do a factory reset and I'll lose all my data. Oh no, I need another option. Darn upgrades [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] .

Is there any other remedy besides a factory reset?

dgutierrez

Do we lose all contacts when we reset to factory settings?

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

Yes you will loose all your contact, however they can be restored if you backed them up to google account.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello dgutierrez, you have a great question today. Everything will be erased from your phone when you complete a factory reset, including your contacts. You may recover your data after the factory reset by restoring from a backup. Do you have your information backed up?UbaldoJ_VZW

0 Likes