How do i customize a ringtone with a track I purchased in the play store?
nkatzef

I purchased a track through the play store but when I open the music app (the white cirlce with the green music note) the track doesn't show up. I tried looking for the sync music option under settings but no luck. The track shows up in the play music app ( the headphones) but won't give me the option of setting as a ringtone. I just got this phone on sat and am completely lost...help Smiley Sad.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do i customize a ringtone with a track I purchased in the play store?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I hope you're enjoying your new phone, nkatzef. When purchasing a song, the phone will usually only recognize it as a song and not a ringtone or notification file. There are lots of 3rd party applications in the Play Store that will allow you to turn songs into ringtone files without needing a computer, although I don't have a specific one to suggest since it's not provided through us. You can try searching the Play Store for key words, like Ringtone Maker, for applications that will fit your needs.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You need to to download the mp3 file to your computer from the Play Store and then manually copy the mp3 to your phone for it to be available to use as a ringtone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I hope you're enjoying your new phone, nkatzef. When purchasing a song, the phone will usually only recognize it as a song and not a ringtone or notification file. There are lots of 3rd party applications in the Play Store that will allow you to turn songs into ringtone files without needing a computer, although I don't have a specific one to suggest since it's not provided through us. You can try searching the Play Store for key words, like Ringtone Maker, for applications that will fit your needs.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes