Re: How do a fix a false "activation incomplete" message?
greg_ferrari
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is now way I am going through that long and complicated procedure!  That's a Hail Mary approach that no end user should ever have to attempt.  Enough people are having this problem that Verizon should have its own engineers figure out what is going on, implement a fix, and push it out to its customers automatically.  After all, that's how the problem was introduced.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand how you feel, some troubleshooting steps can take some time. Tell us what happens when you turn off the lock settings? See: http://spr.ly/6589DGyVW

TrinetteW_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
greg_ferrari
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why would I want to turn off the PIN for my SIM?  That's what's helping me prevent the problem from happening.  I'm beginning to wonder if real humans are replying to these posts or if it's a bot.  The posts from Verizon aren't very helpful and starting to get off topic.  I think it's time to give up on them.  My friend just switched to AT&T and absolutely loves the service.  Perhaps it's time to shop around.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Greg.ferrari, we would never want to lose you as our customer. It sounds like you have definitely completed the majority of the steps that have been known to resolve this issue with certain android phones. At this point we have a couple more steps left that are known to resolve this issue. The first is to update your software if one is currently available as three new software updates have been released since the OS update (G920VVRU4DQF3) that you had at the time of your first post. Have you updated your software since then and is there an update available? Here are the steps http://spr.ly/6589DG52h . The second option is to do a factory reset. We realize you did not want to perform this step previously, but wanted to advise it, as it has been shown to resolve this issue in most cases. Here are the steps: http://spr.ly/6580DG5N6 .
SeanC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ich1ban
Enthusiast - Level 1

Go to Settings, Applications, Application manager, scroll down to setup wizard and tap Force stop.

Envy6454

I just closet the page like a background running app. Worked for months so far. I got this phone when i saw it but the phone is fine so its just a page to close, basically 

0 Likes
Envy6454

Ty. Works every time . But super annoying 

0 Likes