How do I unlock my phone without erasing all the data?
dbgryche

ok I have a Samsung Galaxy s4 I turned on the pin lock a couple weeks ago then didn't need it any more but there was no option to shut it off so I changed it to pattern, still wanted it off all together but hadn't time to stop by Verizon store. well last night I went to my truck to get phone, unplugged it and on the screen was a enter back up pin notification??? I tried the pin I used when I first made the mistake of locking my screen and nothing... how or what made it switch to pin from pattern and how can I unlock it without data loss??? please and thank you, this is very important im traveling 1200 miles this morning and would really like my phone to work in case I break down...

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: from pin lock to pattern to????? PIN??????
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dbgryche,

We want you to get the absolute best experience from your phone. Let's work on this together. Does the phone give any warning messages regarding number of times to you have entered your PIN? If so, the phone will do an automatic factory data reset which in turn will erase all the phone's content. To avoid this, the best option is to use the Google Device Manager to reset the PIN. Click this link to get started. http://bit.ly/1J4x10Z

NatashaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: from pin lock to pattern to????? PIN??????
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dbgryche,

We want you to get the absolute best experience from your phone. Let's work on this together. Does the phone give any warning messages regarding number of times to you have entered your PIN? If so, the phone will do an automatic factory data reset which in turn will erase all the phone's content. To avoid this, the best option is to use the Google Device Manager to reset the PIN. Click this link to get started. http://bit.ly/1J4x10Z

NatashaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes