How do I turn on the camera shutter sound?
suzbwise
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello!  I'm loving the new S7 but for a few snags.  I'm one of the few, apparently, who *like* having the camera shutter sound ON.  Otherwise, I can't tell if it actually took a pic or not - very annoying for me.  I know there are settings, also in the camera 'app', to turn on/off shutter sound - mine is set to ON.  Volume is up, phone makes other sounds, alarms, etc - no shutter sound.  Ideas?  Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: S7 how to turn on camera shutter sound?
Tidbits
Legend

When you set the phone up did you use a backup or NFC transfer. I noticed that when people do there are weird quirks. You'll see things on other forums as well. A Factory reset and setup as a new device seems to always fix the problems.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

When you set the phone up did you use a backup or NFC transfer. I noticed that when people do there are weird quirks. You'll see things on other forums as well. A Factory reset and setup as a new device seems to always fix the problems.

0 Likes
suzbwise
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for your lightning fast response!  OK - I can try a factory reset.  What's the best way to back up stuff so I can add it back after a reset?  I would like to keep text history, call logs, etc, in addition to Contacts and photos...

0 Likes
suzbwise
Enthusiast - Level 2

By the way - I used an adapter to connect my phones with the USB cable and transferred "everything" that way.  Of note - my contacts came over, but only 1 image (everyone else was back to the icon), no custom notification sounds (I have individual text alerts for each family member and co-worker); the wallpapers I downloaded came over, but not the sounds - just got them again, no big deal.  Do you think a direct transfer would mess up the built-in camera shutter sound?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to save all your information and have the features work properly for you, suzbwise. Before performing a Factory Data Reset you can save everything on your phone by using our Verizon Cloud app http://vz.to/1WAG1nc

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Yes I think it did. I actually tested this out.

1. Wired connection i kept getting errors and crashes with my DND settings. I also lost fast charging options, and

2.  When I did the NFC transfer I had trouble with contacts, DND, and wifi.

3.  When I did everything from scratch I have yet to run into problems.

0 Likes