How do I turn off my screen security?
PREPOW34

I followed the instructions but the selections are "gray'd out" and cannot be accessed.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I turn off my screen security?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You have to clear the Device Administrators and remove Samsung Pay or Android Pay to select the no security (swipe) options for screen security. Some applications like Samsung Pay and Android Pay require a more secure screen to prevent unauthorized access.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Do you mean when you go into lock screen and security that the first one Screen lock type is gray?

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

what security were you using??

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You have to clear the Device Administrators and remove Samsung Pay or Android Pay to select the no security (swipe) options for screen security. Some applications like Samsung Pay and Android Pay require a more secure screen to prevent unauthorized access.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
PREPOW34

Yes. I'm told by Samsung that it's a result of having banking apps on my

phone which require screen lock security?

On Thu, Nov 24, 2016 at 12:45 PM, kathy65793 <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

PREPOW34 wrote:

Yes. I'm told by Samsung that it's a result of having banking apps on my

phone which require screen lock security?

On Thu, Nov 24, 2016 at 12:45 PM, kathy65793 <forums@verizonwireless.com>

Then you have to make a choice.  Have the banking apps or Samsung Pay on the phone or remove them to have an unsecure phone.

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I have banking apps on my phone too but I do not use any of the security features on the phone.One of the reasons why I don't have the problem you are having maybe because like Ann154 said .......You have to clear the Device Administrators and remove Samsung Pay or Android Pay to select the no security (swipe) options for screen security. Some applications like Samsung Pay and Android Pay require a more secure screen to prevent unauthorized access. .........Have you tried doing this?

0 Likes