How do I turn off Samsung Galaxy S7 tones when unlocking?
DOUVOG5
Enthusiast - Level 2

The phone beeps in three tones in descending order after unlocking the screen in the morning. Then there are three more. What is this notification and how do I shut it off? I have turned off notifications in so many of the apps but it's still there. One suggestion was weather but that's off. I need  phone that is completely silent.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 tones on unlocking
DOUVOG5
Enthusiast - Level 2

It was off, every notification was off. I found the cause, apparently it was one of the Bluetooth apps I was experimenting with to connect a smart watch although that app had notifications off too. Interestingly enough, the sound I was getting was not part of the Samsung S7 system sounds like "Soft Chimes" but one somehow generated by the app.

The only cure was to turn volume off completely although this still left Amber Alerts on (I think) and left the camera shutter sound still functioning.

Anyway, thank you both for your replies.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Look under the sounds and notifications section of the Settings.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
DOUVOG5
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, as they say "been there, done that." Notifications are all blocked in basic apps, then blocked in Advanced, all apps, then in More, Show System Apps. almost all are blocked and still three descending tones when I unlock the screen in the morning. There must be hundreds of system apps and I probably have not blocked them all. Rather than brute force, I'd like to shut off just the one that is making the sound. Perhaps it's the one that can't be shut off (similar to the burst mode in the camera app). Sounds are now mute and maybe this will do the trick but of course it's a stiff price to turn off just one notification.

0 Likes
carment_vzw
Verizon Employee

DOUVOG5-

I know it can be frustrating having to mute your phone for just one particular notification sound. When did this issue begin? Has there been any recent software update or application download before this issue began?

Carment_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You don't mention having looked in Settings > Sounds & Notifications to turn off the screen locking sounds. That is what I was referring to and what you are likely hearing when you unlock the phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
DOUVOG5
Enthusiast - Level 2

It was off, every notification was off. I found the cause, apparently it was one of the Bluetooth apps I was experimenting with to connect a smart watch although that app had notifications off too. Interestingly enough, the sound I was getting was not part of the Samsung S7 system sounds like "Soft Chimes" but one somehow generated by the app.

The only cure was to turn volume off completely although this still left Amber Alerts on (I think) and left the camera shutter sound still functioning.

Anyway, thank you both for your replies.

0 Likes