How do I turn off Roaming on S4 and keep WIFI
kmatus

We are travelling to Cozumel Mexico soon and have Samsung S4 phones.   We do not have an international calling plan.   Our resort has free WIFI.   How do we turn off roaming (and can we block all incoming texts and calls) while keeping access to WIFI?

Will airplane mode do that?

Thanks!

ken

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I turn off Roaming on S4 and keep WIFI
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi kmatus!

Wow, that sounds like a wonderful trip! I can provide you with all of the details for using your device in Mexico. You can also check http://vz.to/1ll16SK for the details.

If you have additional questions, I've followed you in the forums. Please accept me and follow me back. Then, send me a Direct Message and we can work everything out. We have global options for you!

Thanks,

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

Airplane mode makes your phone incapable of sending or receiving calls and all data including wifi.  Other functions on you phone will still work.  You can turn off data, to stop data roaming.  You might be able to go into phone call settings and check call rejection to stop all incoming calls. By doing this you wifi will still work. Another option is to use airplane mode for the S4 and take along another wifi capable phone that not connected to any carrier network. That way you have your phone if you need it and will not incure any roaming charges not approved by you and you have wifi on the non carrier phone/

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi kmatus!

Wow, that sounds like a wonderful trip! I can provide you with all of the details for using your device in Mexico. You can also check http://vz.to/1ll16SK for the details.

If you have additional questions, I've followed you in the forums. Please accept me and follow me back. Then, send me a Direct Message and we can work everything out. We have global options for you!

Thanks,

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
kmatus

Thanks - I got it all solved with the phone support folks today!

I wish there was a more reasonable option for texting, but I have resolved

voice and data.

On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 6:16 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes