How do I transfer phone contacts to a desktop computer?
calreedver

My previous HP desktop computer became corrupted so I bought a new HP computer.  I would like to transfer the contacts from my S6 android phone to the desk top.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Transfer phone contacts to desktop computer.
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the contacts are stored in your Google account, they should be available to you once you log into your Google account on your new computer.  If not, an option is to export them as a .vcf file by opening your phone's Contacts, tapping More in the upper right-hand corner, then tapping Settings, then Import/Export contacts, then Export.  You can then use the File Manager to share the file or you can connect the phone and computer with the USB cable, pull down the phone's notification shade and change USB Charging to File Transfer, and then 'drag and drop' the file.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Transfer phone contacts to desktop computer.
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the contacts are stored in your Google account, they should be available to you once you log into your Google account on your new computer.  If not, an option is to export them as a .vcf file by opening your phone's Contacts, tapping More in the upper right-hand corner, then tapping Settings, then Import/Export contacts, then Export.  You can then use the File Manager to share the file or you can connect the phone and computer with the USB cable, pull down the phone's notification shade and change USB Charging to File Transfer, and then 'drag and drop' the file.

0 Likes