How do I transfer content when my device's screen won't turn on?
j_lee1

The screen on my galaxy S3 went black due to dropping phone;  is there anyway I can still transfer the photos to my new galaxy S5?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: my galaxy s3 screen went black; is there anyway I can transfer photos to my new s5?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the photos are on an SD card, just move the card to the S5.  If the photos are on the phone's internal memory, one option is to connect the S3 to your computer via the USB cable and 'drag and drop' the photos to a folder on your computer.  Then connect the S5 to the computer via the USB cable and copy the folder from the computer to the phone.

Transfer Pictures Videos Samsung Galaxy S III | Verizon Wireless

Transfer Pictures Videos Samsung Galaxy S 5 | Verizon Wireless

View solution in original post

Re: my galaxy s3 screen went black; is there anyway I can transfer photos to my new s5?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the photos are on an SD card, just move the card to the S5.  If the photos are on the phone's internal memory, one option is to connect the S3 to your computer via the USB cable and 'drag and drop' the photos to a folder on your computer.  Then connect the S5 to the computer via the USB cable and copy the folder from the computer to the phone.

Transfer Pictures Videos Samsung Galaxy S III | Verizon Wireless

Transfer Pictures Videos Samsung Galaxy S 5 | Verizon Wireless