How do I stop these OZMAIL texts?
joywantstoknow

How do I stop these OZMAIL texts?  They have a 12 digit number so I can't block them.

0 Likes
Re: How do I stop these OZMAIL texts?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you try a search on this community for similar discussions and try those suggestions?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Out of curiosity, did you upgrade to your smartphone from a basic phone?

I used to get these when I upgraded to a smartphone from a basic phone and was using mobile email on the basic phone.

These texts are how Verizon alerts a basic phone that an email is available for the mobile email app on the basic phone.

There are numerous threads on the forums about this. Here are a few(example 1, example 2, example 3) examples I found with a quick search.

You will have to contact CS to have these stop.

Customer Service

(800) 922-0204

or dial *611 from your mobile phone
View the *611 On-Screen App for Android Video
6:00am - 11:00pm Monday-Sunday
Emergency Service Hours
11:00pm - 6am Monday-Sunday

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey joywantstoknow,

Unwanted messages can certainly be annoying. I will gladly help stop these messages for you right away. Please accept my follow and send us a direct message with your mobile number for further account review to help remove these notifications.

Thanks,

Efrainm_vzw
Tweet us @VZWsupport

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

- You'll need to send a Follow request (located in the upper right-hand corner of their page) to that they'll have to accept.  You'll also need to accept the Follow request they indicate they've sent you.  Once you both are Following each other, then you can send them a Direct Message.

How To: Direct Message

Carrielee2112

HI there, I did call Customer Service before--and after being extremely evasive about what OZMail is--the CS rep said he would block all premium texts to fix the problem. But now it is back--I am getting texts again !

Can you fix it once again?

I don't appreciate Verizon selling my phone number to OZMail--which has got to be what is going on. Don't make money off your own customers like that. And then not admit it. It was explained to me that these are Premium Texts. Guess what, my bank informed me that they need to send me premium texts--but I will do without it because I want OZ Mail stopped right now. If I have been charged for these texts the cost must be credited back to me.

I would rather not have to call customer service again--you should be able to stop these from any form of communication you receive--without requiring you customer to sit on the phone and go over it with you. I am signed in now so you have my information.

Thanks!

>>Personal information removed to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

Some people have had  results by just replying to the messages with the word STOP.  Do not use quotes, commas or periods.  Make sure its all caps.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Carrielee2112,
We will be more than happy to stop those for you. Can you please follow me and Direct Message me your telephone number.

Thank you,
RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

and 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is also a great tip, Klue. For some people, the STOP doesn't work so we as reps have to do some things on our end here.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes