How do I stop the "downloading text" message?
crawdigger

I have a Galaxy 3- My text messages suddenly say downloading but nothing happens.

I checked all the settings and they are fine. I have re-booted the phone also.

Any other suggestions?  My storage space is close to the max if that has anything to do with it.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: downloading text
Snn5
Legend

Having a large number of back logged texts can really slow down send and receive processes.  You can download an app like SMS Backup and Restore to save any texts you want or you can delete a large majority of your texts to include all or some, but at least the longer threads.  However, keep in mind that this process of deleting large numbers of texts at the same time will take a long time and the phone might be unresponsive, but just let it complete.  I suggest doing this overnight.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: downloading text
Snn5
Legend

Having a large number of back logged texts can really slow down send and receive processes.  You can download an app like SMS Backup and Restore to save any texts you want or you can delete a large majority of your texts to include all or some, but at least the longer threads.  However, keep in mind that this process of deleting large numbers of texts at the same time will take a long time and the phone might be unresponsive, but just let it complete.  I suggest doing this overnight.

0 Likes