How do I stop my device from automatically turning off?
TheLoulu

My month old Samsung S4 randomly turns itself off and restarts several times during the day.  I can be on a call, text message or surfing the internet.  No water damage or any other type of physical damage to the phone.  What do I do???

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Powers off and restarts
Klue
Master - Level 1

There are a few things to try.

1.  Remove the sd card. Operate the phone for awhile and If the problem goes away the card is defective.

2,  If that doesn't work power up in safe mode to see if the problem goes away.

3.  If that doesn't work try a different battery.

4,  If the problem persists, then do a factory reset,  This will wipe all your data and give you a phone in the condition that you first got it.

5.  There is no other menu settings other than item 4, to fix this so I would think it would be a hardware problem if none of the above resolves it.  The phone will have to be returned for repair.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Powers off and restarts
Klue
Master - Level 1

There are a few things to try.

1.  Remove the sd card. Operate the phone for awhile and If the problem goes away the card is defective.

2,  If that doesn't work power up in safe mode to see if the problem goes away.

3.  If that doesn't work try a different battery.

4,  If the problem persists, then do a factory reset,  This will wipe all your data and give you a phone in the condition that you first got it.

5.  There is no other menu settings other than item 4, to fix this so I would think it would be a hardware problem if none of the above resolves it.  The phone will have to be returned for repair.

0 Likes