How do I stop my camera from shutting down?
GwendyNoll

Need help.  My phone says sending to card when try to start camera and then freezes my phone.  It won't even restart unless i take out the battery.  Is this a manufacturer defect issue as the phone only bought in Sept.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Camera freezes phone and shuts it down - Is this a manufacture defect issue as only had phone since Sept.
joonhyuk
Contributor - Level 1

You need to reactivate all of your 3rd party apps 1 at a time then use your camera. Seeing as it's working in safe mode it appears that a 3rd party app is causing it not to work. Give that a try.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Camera freezes phone and shuts it down - Is this a manufacture defect issue as only had phone since Sept.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get your camera working, GwendyNoll. How long has this been happening? Do you recall if any new content was downloaded to your phone such as an app or software? Are you able to use the camera if you are accessing it from a different application, such as Facebook or Instagram?

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
GwendyNoll

The phone quit working sometime in Dec.  There may have been a download in Nov.  When try to use camera it freezes phone and then only way to get back on is to take out the battery

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GwendyNoll,

Thanks for those details. Try powering the device on in Safe Mode and see if the issues persist with the camera application. See how to enable safe mode with your device by clicking here http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-77504/. Give this a try and keep us posted.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
GwendyNoll

I got the camera to work in safe mode but I need it to work in reg. mode so how do I fix it?

0 Likes
joonhyuk
Contributor - Level 1

You need to reactivate all of your 3rd party apps 1 at a time then use your camera. Seeing as it's working in safe mode it appears that a 3rd party app is causing it not to work. Give that a try.

0 Likes