How do I stop cloud contacts from showing on my phone?
Faroe47

I am forever confused when I look at contacts in my phone and select a number, only to find that it's a really old number that was apparently backed up at one time to the Cloud.  Is there some global switch to stop Verizon Cloud contacts (those that have been backed up apparently) from showing in my contacts?  I've looked at all the settings and refuse to go through contacts one at a time and "unlink" them from Cloud.  Plus, I've just gone and deleted all my contacts from the cloud via the cloud website, but it doesn't seem to make much difference when I look at the contacts file in my Samsung Galaxy S5.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Stop Cloud contacts from showing in phone contacts (global setting)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Faroe47,

We definitely want to make sure you have only the contacts you need displayed. You would be able to change which accounts contacts you would like shown within your contact list. You can do so by opening your Contacts, pressing the 3 vertical dots, then Settings and choosing Contacts to Display. From this menu you can choose which account you would want to display so that the Cloud contacts do not. 

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Faroe47,

We definitely want to make sure you have only the contacts you need displayed. You would be able to change which accounts contacts you would like shown within your contact list. You can do so by opening your Contacts, pressing the 3 vertical dots, then Settings and choosing Contacts to Display. From this menu you can choose which account you would want to display so that the Cloud contacts do not. 

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TomTMft

My Samsung S8 contacts ap menu doesnt have that choice

"contacts to display"?

anyone  have a different solution?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TomTMft,

We can relate to how important it is for your S* to show the choices you need. Help is here. Please describe what is happening, and what you are trying to do, as every concern we receive is unique.

KatiM_VZW

0 Likes