Re: How do I stop SMS from copying to email?
vicbee63
Enthusiast - Level 2

yes...

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

And you used iMessage? You need to log into your iTunes account and un-sync or deactivate your iMessage account. If you do a Google search I'm sure there are steps, but if you go from iPhone to Android and used iMessages there is usually some work that needs to be done after to ensure you get your text messages correctly.

0 Likes
vicbee63
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok, thanks.  I will check and report back on a possible solution if this can help others.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Fix iPhone iMessage Not Sending Texts To Non-Apple Phones - Business Insider

You didn't disable it before switching, which means the folks who's text are ending up in your inbox will most likely need to do something on their end.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

This is of course assuming their texts are going to your e-mail and not on your phone at all.

0 Likes
vicbee63
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok, I finally have the answer to this issue.  It wasn't because I had an iPhone (iMessage was disabled anyway).  It turned out to be a primary corporate account (MS Exchange) set up issue. All the way at the bottom of MS Exchange set up option is one to sync messages (check mark or not).  I must have checked it the first time around (thinking messages meant email and not TXT).  Once MS Exchange is installed the option is no longer available in Settings.