How do I stop Google Store Apps from automatically popping up?
amelchio

Google Apps pop up automatically without prompt from me.This is annoying. How can I stop?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I stop Google Store Apps from automatically popping up?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
amelchio,

I appreciate the great details. I do understand the pop ups you are referring to. When downloading applications at times they ask for permission to access other applications so if that certain application (Temple Run 2) has access to other applications on the device it can cause pop ups to appear on any application that it is linked to. Have you since removed Temple Run 2 since the pop ups began after downloading the application? If not, please remove Temple Run 2 and let us know if the pop ups still appear.

LindseyT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
amelchio,

We want to see you enjoying your device without interruption! Could you provide more details regarding what you are experiencing? Are these popping up in your notification bar? Are they popping up while using a particular app?

SandyC_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
amelchio

Hi Sandy,

Thank you so much for following up with my question. I did speak with a

Verizon Tech Support staff but apparently they did not understand my issue.

Their response was to tell me to scroll down to bottom and click

"unsubscribe." I am not getting those types of pop-ups. What I am getting

are actual game applications asking me if I want to install. On my Samsung

4 I have two games downloaded from Google Play - Pharoah's Way Slot which

I've played for a while now and recently added Temple Run 2. Since adding

TR2, applications for other games/slots appear automatically when I open

another app, including when I open Gmail. And, Chrome will also open

without being prompted. This issue is driving me a little nuts. I have had

to restart my phone several times because it freezes. In addition, I

noticed two apps I did not download in my Application Manager. Can you

verify if they are legit - AllShare Cast Dongle S/W Update (30.56MB) and

BlurbCheckout (808kb).

I am hopeful that you will lead me in the right direction to fix this

issue.

Thanks,

Arlene

On Sat, Apr 4, 2015 at 10:02 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
caecilia97
Contributor - Level 1

The All Share update is legit. Blurb is on my S4, also, so it must be standard, too, but I don't have that popup thing. Are there other apps that you have in your downloaded or all list that you don't recognize? It may not even be a game app...but it sounds like a real nuisance. I'd be super annoyed!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
amelchio,

I appreciate the great details. I do understand the pop ups you are referring to. When downloading applications at times they ask for permission to access other applications so if that certain application (Temple Run 2) has access to other applications on the device it can cause pop ups to appear on any application that it is linked to. Have you since removed Temple Run 2 since the pop ups began after downloading the application? If not, please remove Temple Run 2 and let us know if the pop ups still appear.

LindseyT_VZW
0 Likes