How do I set up printing from Polaris Office 5?
WJGeee

My printer shows up in the list of printers, but I don't see any option to print the open document? What am I missing?

0 Likes
Re: How do I set up printing from Polaris Office 5?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

WJGeee,

Let's get this working so you can print your document. Is your application up to date? Has this application ever worked before? Does this happen to all documents?

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
WJGeee

This is a new phone (Galaxy S5), upgraded a week ago from a Casio Commando. The app has all updates. So far I have not been able to print any documents. My printer (HP Officejet Pro L7500 connected to my home network)  automatically shows up in the printer list (the Hp print function), but it shows as "UNAVAILABLE"? Is there something in my network setup that I need to set to allow access from my phone?

>>Personal information removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service<<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello WJGeee, let's solve this mystery! There are no other settings needed to open up the connection. Have alternate devices been able to print from the printer previously? You may want to check with the manufacturer of the printer to check on compatibility. How many devices are connected to the network at one time?

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
WJGeee

Yes, I just printed from this computer and it is a wireless connection to the printer through the router that my phone connects to. The printer (HP Officejet L7500 All-In-One) IP address is correct. I checked and the phone does show up on the router connections (EA4500 Linksys). When I try to print from my phone, I select print and the printer is listed as an available option. I select it and the printer menu pops up and the phone indicates "connecting". After about 10-30 seconds it says "unavailable".

>>Personal information removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service<<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Not applicable

In the app you are trying to use there should be a manual settings option. In certain printing functions the app needs the IP address of your airport printer. If you look at your routers configuration you should see it as something like 192.168.1.125 etc.

A manual setup in the program app always works best.

The unavailable message normally means you don't have the proper printer driver installed to use the function.

In the play store there is an HP App which you can get for free. Download it and test it out. But remember even the app must be configured manually if your HP printer cannot access and print from it.

Also make sure the device and the printer are both on the same network SSID. Otherwise it will not print.

Good Luck

WJGeee

I don't see any options that i can change in Polaris. The correct IP address is showing for the L7500 series printer. I've installed HP eprint and I'm getting the same results. Everything looks correct, but when I say print it just sits there "sending" and never completes the action. As far as I can tell, HP website says the L7500 series should work.

(Removed)

Removed personal information as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes