How do I set my device to only get give notification sounds when I get a text?
Deborahfos

QUESTION:  How do I get my phone to make a notification sound ONLY when I receive a TEXT?

I don't want to be notified about e-mails or Facebook posts, or anything else.  JUST TEXTS.

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I set my phone to ONLY get a notification sound when I get a TEXT? I don't want to be notified for e-mails or Facebook posts or anything else. JUST TEXTS.
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Facebook - you need to go into the Facebook app and turn off notifications for stuff.  You can also remove your phone number.

Email - set the notification to silent within the email app.  Or chose not to get notifications at all - within the email app, Settings, General, Notifications....  For a Gmail account, and other notifications, go to your Settings, Sounds and notifications, App notifications.

View solution in original post

Re: How do I set my phone to ONLY get a notification sound when I get a TEXT? I don't want to be notified for e-mails or Facebook posts or anything else. JUST TEXTS.
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Facebook - you need to go into the Facebook app and turn off notifications for stuff.  You can also remove your phone number.

Email - set the notification to silent within the email app.  Or chose not to get notifications at all - within the email app, Settings, General, Notifications....  For a Gmail account, and other notifications, go to your Settings, Sounds and notifications, App notifications.