How do I set a scheduled time for Do Not Disturb?
Dr_H
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK, have the Lollipop 5.0.1 - not seeing it as the best or the worst upgrade - so far, it's just an upgrade

What is angering me a bit though, as was widely reported blocking (or silent) mode was replaced with Do Not Disturb.
As was also reported, 5.0.1 returned the ability to schedule Do Not Disturb for a particular time period, for most of us - bedtime.

I have set a scheduled DND period of 23:00 to 06:00, but my s4 immediately shuts down ALL sounds when activating the DND schedule.

From what I can gather from The Google, this seems to be a VZW specific problem as every instructional video/webpage I've accessed doesn't properly activate the scheduled DND period.

How about it VZW?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Set scheduled Do Not Disturb
anderkurt
Enthusiast - Level 2

You post had me puzzling, so I ran a couple experiments, and everything worked fine for me, but I can see that the on/off toggle isn't very clear when you are using a schedule.

I have a VZW S4, and just got my upgrade to lollipop, like you.

To use the schedule, you just check the "Set schedule" box, and set the days and times you want.  Leave the slider set to "off"... you don't need to turn it on for the schedule to run.  That slider is for turning it on or off manually.

View solution in original post

Re: Set scheduled Do Not Disturb
anderkurt
Enthusiast - Level 2

You post had me puzzling, so I ran a couple experiments, and everything worked fine for me, but I can see that the on/off toggle isn't very clear when you are using a schedule.

I have a VZW S4, and just got my upgrade to lollipop, like you.

To use the schedule, you just check the "Set schedule" box, and set the days and times you want.  Leave the slider set to "off"... you don't need to turn it on for the schedule to run.  That slider is for turning it on or off manually.