How do I retrieve email after Lollipop 5.0 I545VRUGOC1 update?
NebularNovice
Enthusiast - Level 2

Like an idiot, I allowed my Galaxy S4 to be updated Wednesday.

My biggest problem is that I cannot retrieve email from my POP3 account using any of three email programs which worked fine before the update:

1. MailDroid Pro: I get a certificate error with the same settings as before.  I cannot fetch mail.  I can send mail through the same server.

2. K-9 Mail.  Same deal -- can send but not fetch

3. Default Email same.

I don't believe the problem is any server change because MailDroid still works fine from my Galaxy Tablet and I still retrieve email from my Windows machines.

This seems to be at least enough to indict the system update.

Help!!!

0 Likes
Re: How do I retrieve email after Lollipop 5.0 I545VRUGOC1 update?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
NebularNovice,

We certainly want to make sure you're able to get all of your emails! I know I rely on being able to retrieve those no matter where I am. What type of email account is this? Have you checked the Play Store to see if there are updates available for any of these email apps?

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Re: How do I retrieve email after Lollipop 5.0 I545VRUGOC1 update?
NebularNovice
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the reply, Andrew.  As I stated in my original message, it is a POP3 account.  I realize you had to ask it, but yes, all the apps I mention are up to date.

I have talked to Verizon tech support, about an hour with 2nd-level.  They have verified the problem as far as email.psu.edu is concerned.  They are investigating further, presumably including determining how widespread the problem is.  At this point, that is the only POP3 mail server I access which has the problem.  Comcast and ATT do not have the problem, at least for my email accounts with them.

0 Likes