How do I reset my alternate password?
1921Wayne

I just got my S5 two days ago and have been adding apps, etc. When I set up fingerprint screenlock I thought that I had entered an alternative password, but nothing like it works and now I would like to reset it in case the fingerprint unlock ever fails to open the screen to use. Any way of doing this without doing a hard reset on the device. Can Verizon wireless store help with this?

Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Forgot (OR NEVER KNEW) alternative screenlock password after setting up fingerprint unlock. How do I reset alternative password?
EagleHL
Enthusiast - Level 1

Solution to Fingerprint Unlock Problems-- Lesson Learned

I hear your question and it sounds like you had problems with unlocking the phone with fingerprint. For my first week, I struggled with the fingerprint unlock. I would have to scan finger multiple times, and much of the time, it would not unlock at all. But I really wanted it to work.

Solution... I started over and  created a new fingerprint, but this time, I did each of the 8 or so sample scans carefully and as much the same as possible. Now, I can unlock it with the stroke of a finger every time.

Just go to Settings >Fingerprint> Fingerprint Manager an replace your finger print with a better one. Its worth the effort to make a few attempts at this, because once you get a good one, the fingerprint unlock works like a charm almost every time, the first scan.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Forgot (OR NEVER KNEW) alternative screenlock password after setting up fingerprint unlock. How do I reset alternative password?
bearone21
Legend

you've got to select the alternative when you 1st setup.

you should be able to go back in to screen lock, let it read fingerprint, select another security method, then re-select fingerprint.

0 Likes
EagleHL
Enthusiast - Level 1

Solution to Fingerprint Unlock Problems-- Lesson Learned

I hear your question and it sounds like you had problems with unlocking the phone with fingerprint. For my first week, I struggled with the fingerprint unlock. I would have to scan finger multiple times, and much of the time, it would not unlock at all. But I really wanted it to work.

Solution... I started over and  created a new fingerprint, but this time, I did each of the 8 or so sample scans carefully and as much the same as possible. Now, I can unlock it with the stroke of a finger every time.

Just go to Settings >Fingerprint> Fingerprint Manager an replace your finger print with a better one. Its worth the effort to make a few attempts at this, because once you get a good one, the fingerprint unlock works like a charm almost every time, the first scan.

0 Likes