How do I remove myself from MMS texts on a Galaxy S7 Edge?".
PAMMIEC
Enthusiast - Level 2

I hope there is an answer for my question.  I have a Galaxy S7 Edge.  It is irritating to receive multiple MMS texts specially from people you do not know long after your part in the conversation has ended.  A friend showed me how on her IPhone, but I don't have an IPhone.

If anyone knows how to remove yourself, I would appreciate a response.  Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I remove myself from MMS texts on a Galaxy S7 Edge?".
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

In Messages+, open the group conversation you no longer want to be a part of - tap the three dots on the top right of the screen, then choose "Mute Conversation".  That will prevent you from getting notifications of additional conversation in the group.

Only the creator of the group can remove you though, so you would need to contact whoever initially created the group text and ask them to delete you from the group (or create a new group that does not include you).

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which text message application are you using?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
PAMMIEC
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ann154,

I am using Verizon's Message+.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

In Messages+, open the group conversation you no longer want to be a part of - tap the three dots on the top right of the screen, then choose "Mute Conversation".  That will prevent you from getting notifications of additional conversation in the group.

Only the creator of the group can remove you though, so you would need to contact whoever initially created the group text and ask them to delete you from the group (or create a new group that does not include you).