How do I remove my screen lock?
SuzyMezzo

I have created a password screen lock.  But it's a pain, and I want to remove it.  Have been unsuccessful.  HOW DO I DO THAT?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I remove my screen lock?
Snn5
Legend

Go back to your lockscreen settings and select another method of unlocking the lockscreen.  You will be asked to input the lock code/password again before changing to the new method.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Go back to your lockscreen settings and select another method of unlocking the lockscreen.  You will be asked to input the lock code/password again before changing to the new method.

0 Likes
TKSchmidter
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problem.  I can change my lock screen to pin, password or pattern, but I can't select "swipe" or "none." It says "turned off by administrator, encryption policy or credential storage."

Snn5
Legend

May have to do with Credential Storage.  May need to clear User-installed credentials.

1. From home, tap all apps icon Apps > settings icon Settings.
  2. Tap security settings icon Security, and then tap an option:
  • Storage type: Select a storage type to store data in key-value pairs, on the device memory, in a private database, or your own network server.
  • Trusted credentials: Tap to view credentials you’ve installed.
  • Install from device storage: Tap to install encrypted certificates from an optional installed memory card (not included).
  • Clear credentials: Tap to clear stored credentials and reset the password (only available when credentials are installed).
0 Likes