How do I re-send a text as an e-mail?
sjr1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I couldn't seem to find a way to ask a different question, and I apologize if this not the place!  My question is technical.  I accidentally wrote and sent a text message instead of an e-mail, and I don't know if the recipient recognizes my phone number or user name (I have several).  Is there anyway to resend it as an e-mail?  It was rather long, and my phone isn't synched to my printer, so I can't save it.  I don't know how transfer or save a text at all.  I seem to have enough trouble not accidentally sending them before they're finished.  I tried searching and didn't find anything.  Thanks for the help.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Texted a message insead of e-mail. Is there anyway to resend it as an e-mail?
sjr1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks so much! It worked. I understood the first response, and could copy the text, but there didn't seem to be a way to paste it. I'm sure I missed something, but I spent a couple of hours trying to figure it out. At one point, the clipboard icon appeared. but I still a way to paste it. I definitely need to take a basic class on how to work a smartphone. I seem to come across stumbling blocks too often. Thanks for solving my problem; it worked right the first time

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Texted a message insead of e-mail. Is there anyway to resend it as an e-mail?
Weth
Legend

What phone do you have?  You should be able to select the message, copy, and then paste it into an email message on the mail app.  This is usually done by selecting the entire message, pressing and holding to select copy.  Then in the email hold a press again and select paste. 

0 Likes
sjr1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks! I have the Galaxy S5. I was

0 Likes
sjr1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks! I couldn't find a way to reply on the website, so I'm doing it via e-mail. I have the Galaxy S5. I did the copying without a problem, but I couldn't find an option to paste it. I'm assuming that should be done in a new e-mail. I tried all the menus available, and I didn't see anything on the screen, except the text options, which were highlighted when I pressed and held the box where a new e-mail should go. Obviously I'm doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what. Your directions were very clear, but I just couldn't seem to paste the message. I'll try it again from the beginning and see what happens.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sjr1 - You have come to the right place. Copying a text message and sending it via email is a breeze. Do you currently use the text message application that has a white and yellow envelope icon or the red ico that has a white conversation bubble in the middle.
JacobV_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sjr1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the  yellow  and  white icon. ]

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

One option is to long-press the text message until you see the pop-up menu box, then Forward the text to the person's e-mail address and add a note that it's from you with your name and e-mail address.

Another option is to long-press the text message until you see the pop-up menu box, then tap Share.  Tap the E-Mail app, then fill in the recipient's address; the text should automatically be put in the message box.

0 Likes
sjr1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks so much! It worked. I understood the first response, and could copy the text, but there didn't seem to be a way to paste it. I'm sure I missed something, but I spent a couple of hours trying to figure it out. At one point, the clipboard icon appeared. but I still a way to paste it. I definitely need to take a basic class on how to work a smartphone. I seem to come across stumbling blocks too often. Thanks for solving my problem; it worked right the first time

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You're welcome.  The copy-and-paste option mentioned earlier works, depending on the phone and the e-mail app.  For example, using Samsung's stock e-mail app, there isn't (at least that I've found, like you) a way to paste into an e-mail, but the copy-and-paste method will work on a Samsung if you're using other e-mail apps such as Outlook.  So if you're using the stock e-mail app, the Share option is a viable alternative.

0 Likes
sjr1
Enthusiast - Level 3

My daughter has the S6, and could do it with no problem. Guess that's been updated from the S5. At least now I know I'm not crazy. Instead of trying to navigate through the help menu I go to the forum and see if my question has already been addressed. Thanks again.

0 Likes